Join the team at Hubbard Street Dance Chicago!
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks candidates with demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
POSITION TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art, and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is seeking a professional to join the Development Team. HSDC’s Development Coordinator will support essential components of development work, including data management and hygiene, prospect research, gift processing, and donor acknowledgments. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who hopes to gain a holistic understanding of nonprofit fundraising while supporting the work of a leading contemporary dance company.
Hubbard Street is a hybrid work environment. The Development team conducts day-to-day operations remotely, but in-person attendance is required for all performances, events, and occasional meetings. On average HSDC hosts 2 fundraisers a year; between 6-8 stewardship events between Sept. and May; and 3 performance series in the Fall, Spring, and Winter.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $45,000 per year
- Competitive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, EAP, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, Transit, 8.5 paid holidays, and 2 weeks paid vacation.
- At Hubbard Street, we believe that the practice of salary negotiation has contributed to the creation of wage gaps and an uneven playing field for historically disadvantaged applicants. Salaries and benefits posted are non-negotiable and represent the top end of pay ranges formerly used.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Development, maintain up-to-date and accurate records for donor information and contributions in the Tessitura database.
- Generate and (e-)mail gift acknowledgements and tax receipts using Tessitura and Microsoft Office.
- Generate weekly gift reports and monthly budget analysis.
- Research prospective donors and create donor profiles for fundraising calls and board recruitment.
- Assist in donor recognition implementation by generating accurate lists of donors for program books and the annual report.
- Assist in the development and generation of mailing lists for various purposes throughout the year.
- Maintain protocols for use of Tessitura and provide support to all HSDC staff users of the Tessitura system.
- Work with Tessitura consultants to schedule and attend Tessitura user-group training meetings.
- Assist the Finance Department by compiling gift documentation during the annual audit.
- Assist with coordination of various donor activities and special events as assigned.
- Applicant should have 1-2 years fundraising, marketing, sales, communications or related experience, including internship experience; possess excellent technological and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The applicant should demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion and appropriate judgment with confidential materials.
- The applicant should possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a team-oriented attitude.
- Knowledge of maintaining and analyzing donor/patron data and experience in prospect research is highly desirable.
- Experience with Tessitura database is highly desirable.
- Applicant should be skilled with Microsoft Office applications.
Please apply through the Breezy HR portal linked below and send a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with a professional resume (.pdfs only). No phone calls, please.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization.