Join the team at Hubbard Street Dance Chicago!
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks candidates with demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
POSITION TITLE: Summer Intensive Chaperone
DEPARTMENT: Summer Intensive Program (Ages 13 - 17)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Training Operations
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
This is a seasonal, full-time position for our TEEN Summer Intensive Programs held in Chicago, IL at Roosevelt University. We are seeking an experienced and responsible Chaperone to join Hubbard Street’s Summer Intensive Staff. The Summer Intensive Chaperone is responsible for supervising up to 15 students between the ages of 13 and 17, and works with the Manager of Artist Training to ensure that students are supervised during class times, lunch breaks, on activities, and in the dormitory. Chaperones ensure that students are safe at all times, eating responsibly, and respecting all rules laid out by Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, The University dorms, and Roosevelt University.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available from Saturday, June 24 – August 5, 2023
- Effectively supervise students to assure student safety
- Effectively and fairly interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Prioritize work to reflect the needs of the students
- Maintain a professional chaperone-to-student relationship
Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion. Applicants for the Summer Intensive Chaperone also must:
- Be a minimum age of 21
- Have previous experience with students 13 - 17 years of age
- Be able to live in the student dormitory
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be highly organized
- Be able to physically assist an injured student
Chaperones will receive:
- Free Housing
- Reimbursement for travel-related activities
- A weekly stipend
- The opportunity to train with dancers and members of the Hubbard Street Artistic Staff
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) references (.pdfs only) detailing your interest and qualifications to Krista Ellensohn, Manager of Training Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org by EOB March 3, 2023. Please include SUMMER INTENSIVE CHAPERONE in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.