Join the team at Hubbard Street Dance Chicago!
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks candidates with demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
POSITION TITLE: Summer Intensive Resident Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Summer Intensive Program (Ages 13 - 17)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Artist Training
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, our mission is to awaken the human spirit through contemporary dance. We nurture diverse voices in contemporary dance, opening new pathways to growth, learning and discovery in Chicago and throughout the world.
This is a seasonal, full-time position for our Teen Summer Intensive Programs held in Chicago, IL in partnership with Roosevelt University and Columbia College Chicago. We are seeking an experienced and responsible resident advisor (RA) to join Hubbard Street’s Summer Intensive Staff. The Summer Intensive RA’s are responsible for supervising up to 15 students between the ages of 13 and 17 during class times, lunch breaks, on activities, and in the dormitory. RA’s ensure that students are safe at all times, eating responsibly, and respecting all rules laid out by Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, the student dorms, and studio partners.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available from Saturday, June 22 – August 3, 2024
- Effectively supervise students to assure their safety and well-being
- Interpret and apply policies and procedures as needed
- Prioritize time to reflect the needs of the students
- Maintain a professional RA-to-student relationship
Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion. Applicants for the Summer Intensive RA also must:
- Be a minimum age of 21
- Have previous experience with students 13 - 17 years of age
- Be able to live in the student dormitory
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be highly organized
- Be able to physically assist an injured student
Chaperones will receive:
- Free Housing
- Reimbursement for travel-related activities
- A weekly stipend
- The opportunity to train with Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Company Dancers and Leadership
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) references (.pdfs only) detailing your interest and qualifications to Krista Ellensohn, Manager of Training Operations, at email@example.com by EOB February 28, 2024. Please include SUMMER INTENSIVE RA in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.