Your support for Hubbard Street has a significant impact on the dancers in our company, the families in community, the students in our city’s schools, the cultural life of our city, the next generation of artists, and world of contemporary dance.
Hubbard street’s mission to engage, inspire, and educate the community through the transformative power of dance is a vital focus of our work in Chicago.
A leader in the contemporary dance world, Hubbard Street continues to attract the highest caliber artists, cultivate cutting-edge productions, and push the boundaries of dance as an art form. For more than 40 years Hubbard Street has continually lead the field in presenting the highest quality contemporary dance in the country and is a beacon for the art form across the world.
Expanding our impact in the greater Chicago area, Hubbard Street continues to develop and deliver innovative and inspiring work within our city, schools, and community. We are proud to work in Chicago Public School classrooms, ensuring that arts education thrives in our diverse school communities. Our education programming is rich in opportunities for students and teachers and continues to enhance the learning environments in our partner schools.
Believing that dance is for everyone, Hubbard Street’s Adaptive Dance Programs offer opportunities for individuals of all ages and abilities to benefit from the power of dance. Our Parkinson’s Project, the first of its kind in the Midwest, and our Autism Project are relevant, inspiring, and meaningful programs that strengthen our community and help make dance accessible to all.
Hubbard Street’s work on and off the stage generate remarkable impact in the communities we reach. Thanks to charitable contributions, we continue to strive for excellence and change lives.
In the last year, Hubbard Street:
- Brought the power of dance to stages across the world and US with tours in more than 20 American cities and in 3 countries
- Engaged the blossoming talent of 20 aspiring professional dancers in our artist training program, HS Pro
- Premiered 8 new works by world-renowned artists in our Chicago performances
- Provided high-caliber dance classes to more than 5,000 students with more 70 classes per week at the Lou Conte Dance Studio
- Recognized and honored female leadership in Chicago’s Arts and Business communities at our 16th Annual Bold Moves for Bold Women event
- Touched the lives of teachers and students in Chicago Public Schools through our free education program, Movement As Partnership
- Provided free dance training to first-graders enrolled in Chicago Public Schools thanks to our HS First Steps program
- Offered unique and accessible dance programs to adults living with Parkinson’s disease and children with Autism.
- Introduced 150 teachers to dance curriculum through our free professional development programs
Learn more about how our supporters are helping Hubbard Street transform the community!
Click here to read Sandra McNaugton's story
Click here to read Liza Yntema's story