Spring Series: Elements
March 23 - April 2, 2023
at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
Returning to the MCA’s intimate Edlis Neeson Theater, Spring Series: Elements brings together repertory revivals and fresh creations by long-time and new collaborators with the company to showcase the essential elements of Hubbard Street.
PROGRAM A, MARCH 23-26
Coltrane's Favorite Things by LAR LUBOVITCH (Company Premiere)
Show Pony by KYLE ABRAHAM (Company Premiere)
Nevermore by THANG DAO (World Premiere)
BUSK by ASZURE BARTON
PROGRAM B, MARCH 31-APRIL 2
The Windless Hold by OSNEL DELGADO
Ne Me Quitte Pas by SPENSER THEBERGE
on a PATH by HOPE BOYKIN (World Premiere)
BUSK by ASZURE BARTON
Elements is SOLD OUT save for limited accessible seating. Learn more here.
Check out the company's touring schedule for upcoming appearances around the country.
Special Offers & Discounts
Available for the entirety of Season 45: Sapphire Season, check out the offers below to see if you are eligible for a special discounted ticket price.
Professional dancers and staff across the arts & culture industry can obtain $20 tickets for any performance. Use the code INDUSTRYHS online or mention the promo code when making a reservation over the phone. You must present proof of your involvement in the industry (e.g. business card, resume, etc.) upon request. One discounted ticket per industry proof.
As a show of gratitude to all frontline workers, we wish to offer a $20 ticket to any performance! Use the promo code FRONTLINEHS online or mention your frontline worker status when making a reservation on the phone. You must be able to present proof of frontline worker status upon request. One discounted ticket per worker.
Hubbard Street identifies anyone as a “frontline worker” using the State of Illinois’ Department of Public Heath guidelines for grouped vaccination, as well as those who are doctors, nurses, grocery store workers, delivery drivers, EMTs, ride share drivers, pharmacy workers, public transit workers, childcare workers/elderly care support.
Frontline workers who qualify for discounted tickets are:
- First Responders: Firefighters (including volunteers), Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs), 911 Dispatch (Public Safety Answering Point – PSAP), Security Personnel and School Officers. EMS personnel are previously included under Phase 1A.
- Physical Therapists
- Corrections Officers: Jail Officers, Juvenile Facility Staff and Workers Providing In-Person Support.
- Food and Agriculture Workers: Processing Plants, Veterinary Health, Livestock Services, and Animal Care.
- United States Postal Service Workers
- Manufacturing Workers: Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers.
- Grocery Store Workers: Baggers, Cashiers, Stockers, Pick-Up and Customer Service.
- Public Transit Workers: Flight Crew, Bus Drivers, Train Conductors, Taxi Drivers, Para-Transit Drivers, In-Person Support and Ride Sharing Service Drivers.
- Education Workers (Congregate Childcare, Pre-K through 12th grade): Teachers, Principals, Support Staff, Student Aids, Day Care Workers and Frontline Support Staff.
- Shelters/Adult Day Care: Homeless Shelter, Women's Shelter, Adult Day/Drop-In Program, Sheltered Workshop and Psycho-Social Rehab
- Government Employees: Federal, state, local, or municipal government employees not eligible under previous phases.
- Higher Education Staff: Workers in educational institutions, including junior colleges, four-year colleges and universities, technical schools, trade schools, educational support services, and administration of education programs.
- News Media: Newspaper, television, radio, and other media services.
- Food and Beverage Service Workers: Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food (including bars) and entities that provide food services.
- Religious Leaders
- Construction Trades and Businesses Supporting Building and Infrastructure Repair
All educators—classroom and dance teachers alike—are eligible for $20 tickets to any performance! Use the code EDUCATORHS online or mention the promo code when making a reservation on the phone. You must present a valid educator ID upon request. One discounted ticket per valid educator ID.
Students can enjoy $10 tickets for any performance! To qualify, you must be a full-time student at an accredited elementary school, middle school, high school, college or university. Use the promo code STUDENTHS online or mention the promo code when making a reservation over the phone. You must present a valid student ID or ID number upon request. One discounted ticket per valid student ID/number.
Teen Arts Pass (TAP) members can purchase $5 tickets for any performance! TAP members must provide their TAP Member number when purchasing tickets over the phone from Harris Theater Box Office, or in-person. All teens aged 13-19 in Chicago can apply for a free Teen Arts Pass membership! Learn more on the Urban Gateways website.
The Young Professionals Membership program is designed to cultivate the next generation of arts patrons who are eager to socialize, engage, and see incredible dance performances. At the generously discounted price of $60 ($20 per ticket), Young Professional Members are 35 years of age or younger and receive a Section 3 ticket to one performance of their choice in each of the Fall, Spring, and Summer Series. All this, plus access to additional discounted tickets, invitations to exclusive events, and more!
Young Professional Memberships are no longer available this season. Check back next year to join for the 23/24 Season!
HSDC Gift certificates are available in increments of $55 (the average price of a ticket), and once purchased, can be redeemed by the holder by emailing HSDC’s Director of Marketing & Communications Erik Kaiko at email@example.com. Please note that gift certificates cannot be redeemed at the Harris Box Office or MCA Box Office, and cannot be exchanged for cash. Gift certificates never expire!
Group Ticket Packages
Hubbard Street is delighted to offer specially priced packages for groups of ten or more to join us for a performance. Group ticket packages are affordable and exciting ways to reward and entertain colleagues, classmates, clubs, conventions, family members and more. Call the Harris Theater Box Office at 312-334-7777 to book your group today!
Ticket Donation Requests
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is pleased to consider all requests for ticket donations.
Ticket donations consist of a certificate redeemable for one pair of tickets to a specific series in our current season. Vouchers are valid only for the series and dates specified and are nontransferable.
While we would like to grant all ticket requests, Hubbard Street receives numerous donation requests each week. In order to assist us in fulfilling your request in a timely fashion, please note that requests must be made no less than six weeks prior to your event.
To request a ticket donation to support your organization, please email Director of Marketing & Communications Erik Kaiko at firstname.lastname@example.org.