LCDS is an open program. Students are welcome to join classes at any time during the session. First-time students should arrive at the studio 30 minutes before the class begins.
What is the appropriate class level for me?
Basic level classes are designed for students who have had no previous training or experience. Basic level classes are progressive from class-to-class. You will learn a little bit more with each class in the session.
Beginning levels are best suited for students who have had some prior experience in the given dance discipline. If you took dance when you were younger, but haven't been to a class in years, this is the level for you. Beginning/Intermediate levels will move at a slightly quicker pace than Beginning.
Intermediate levels are for students who have had at least a few years of consistent training and are comfortable with the given dance discipline. Intermediate/Advanced levels will move at a slightly quicker pace than Intermediate.
Advanced/Professional is the most advanced level offered at LCDS. Students taking classes within this level should have many years of experience. Many dancers within this level are currently performing with professional companies.
You are welcome to observe classes through the studio windows if you are unsure as to which level to take, or just give one a try! You do not have to remain in any one level and can move up or down as needed.
Appropriate shoes are required: ballet shoes for ballet class; jazz shoes for jazz class; socks or bare feet for modern and African classes; tap shoes for tap class; and jazz shoes or clean sneakers for hip-hop, Zumba® and BeMoved®.
• Students arriving more than 5 minutes late to class will not be permitted to join.
• Standard Class Cards expire at the end of each session.
• Professional 10 Class Cards expire 3 months after date of purchase.
• Unlimited Class Cards expire 6 weeks after date of purchase.
• LCDS does not allow transfers, refunds, or extensions on class cards. No exceptions will be made.
• LCDS recommends that students taking Basic level classes purchase a Class Card at the beginning of the session as this level is progressive.
• Classes are open to those ages 14 and up.
• LCDS reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient attendance.
• Instructors are subject to change. No credits or refunds will be issued in this case.
• A $25.00 fee will be charged for returned checks.
• LCDS and its instructors are not liable for any injuries sustained while a student is in class, or on the premises.
Groups are welcome to take open classes or schedule master classes at the studio. All groups of five or more must fill out a Group Visit Request Form at least two weeks prior to the date of the expected visit. Please contact the LCDS Front Desk for more information.