Experience Live Dance!
PERFORMANCES FOR STUDENTS
A live dance performance offers a unique foundation for discussion, encouraging students and educators to explore connections between their experiences with dance and their experiences with the world.
HSDC offers opportunities for students to attend a dance performance in a downtown theater right here in Chicago, or HSDC will come to your school!
"Me and my class are your biggest fans in the world. We loved all your dances."
-Student, Pershing Elementary School
"I think from a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the highest), I would give you a 5."
-Student, William F. Finkl Elementary School
We call our Hubbard Street 2 school performances a “Dance Informance” because our school performances are unique, blending a dynamic dance performance with educational insights into dance styles, choreography, technique and technical stage elements. Your students won't just be sitting and watching – they will move in their seats and learn about dance and what goes into creating a performance! This engaging exploration of the many facets of dance is led by Hubbard Street 2 Director Taryn Kaschock Russell.
2012-13 STUDENT MATINEES:
Fall Student Matinee
• Friday, October 19, 2012, 11:00 a.m.
• Friday, March 15, 2013, 11:00 a.m.
*One chaperone is admitted free for every ten students; tickets
must be purchased for additional chaperones.
†All changes to ticket reservation numbers and full payment are
due two weeks prior to the performance.
BRING Hubbard Street 2 TO YOUR SCHOOL:
Give your students the best of contemporary dance — up close and personal!
Internationally known for their innovative performances, HS2’s in-school work:
• provides your students with the opportunity to see exceptional dance with selections from HS2’s innovative and engaging repertoire
• highlights the creative process behind the work — including an opportunity for students to take on the roles of choreographer and dancer
• offers a unique understanding of the vocabulary and processes of dance, offers a unique understanding of the vocabulary and processes of dance through an intimate interaction with the performance and the dancers
• captivates — all performances are interactive, about 45-60 minutes in length, and include the opportunity for students to get up, dance and show off their creativity
• are moderated in a fun and engaging way by HS2 director Taryn Russell and conclude with a Q&A session with the dancers
Give the experience of dance to YOUR students.
We will present a one-hour “Dance Informance” which includes excerpts from HS2’s exciting new work “Harold and the Purple Crayon: A Dance Adventure” at your school, exposing multiple classrooms or your entire student body to dance. Available throughout the school year.
Cost: $1,500 for one show; $2,000 for two shows in one day*
*Additional travel costs for schools located outside the city of Chicago
The following are minimum requirements for our Dance Informance in your school:
• The floor surface must be smooth and clean (no concrete floor, tile laid over concrete or carpet).
• The Dance Informance can be held in an auditorium, dance studio or gymnasium.
• The performance area must be minimum 30' wide x 25' deep.